Do you know the right questions to ask when it comes to starting a new prescription regimen? It’s important to know the right questions to ask to make sure you know everything there is to know about side effects, drug dosing, and drug quality.
The next time you start a new prescription (or if you haven’t asked your prescribing pharmacist yet), be sure to take these questions into account. Why not print these out and keep a copy in your purse or wallet or on your fridge?
Your Drug Safety (and Sanity) Checklist
- How does the drug work? What will the improvement time look like?
- If I wait and don’t start the prescription regimen immediately, what will happen?
- What are the most likely side effects?
- Are there any serious side effects?
- Can this drug cause any permanent problems?
- Is this a new drug? Are there problems with older, more established drugs?
- Can I try a lower dose?
- When can we review my use of the medication?
- Are there any problems with stopping or altering the dose of the drug?
- Are there any potential interactions with food, my other medical conditions, or my current medications?
- Might this drug affect my weight, mood, sex life and/or relationships, and if so, how?
If you’re not comfortable talking to your local pharmacist, feel free to talk to our friendly, expert pharmacist Saul at email@example.com!
Do you have any questions that you’d add to this list? Have you had good luck working with your pharmacist on making sure you have all the information for your prescription drug regimen?